Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The 365 Diner Grand Opening!



The 365 Diner is an online experiment to keep track of what we're eating for dinner for a year.
I am hoping that knowing I will be sharing it with you, I will focus on healthier dinners. I will start with tonight's dinner.....
July 26th, 2011
Buttermilk Brined Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Salad and Mandrin Oranges.
I actually made 2 versions of this meal, one for Hubby and one for me. Hubby had the straight meal, and I turned mine into a salad (sliced up the pork, added blueberries and feta cheese to what is shown above) and skipped the mashed potatoes. :0)
Here are the recipes I used:
(although I grilled mine outside)
I don't use a recipe for the potatoes really, just chunk them up, bring to a boil, boil until soft, and then mashe with a stick of butter and 1/2 cup to 1 cup of heavy cream.
1 Down, 364 to go!
Enjoy!
AS

1 comment:

  1. Yum! So did you find that you got some of the buttermilk flavor in your pork? Bet that was great on the grill! I love to add buttermilk to my mashed potatoes. It gives them that tangy ranch flavor and we all love it here!

    ReplyDelete