Sunday, July 31, 2011

365 Diner Grills!



For those of you keeping track - no dinner pics from July 30th, as we ate over at my mom's and I forgot to take pics! :0(
July 31st, 2011
Grilled Italian Chicken, Cheesy Julienne Potatoes, Salad, Garden Green Beans, and Grilled Peaches!
So Hubby, Oldest Daughter and I spent most of the morning walking around a HUGE antique fair which is held monthly near our house. It was HOT and we were all ready to jump in the pool for awhile and cool off. Dinner would have to be: early to accommodate everyone's schedule, and be able to be cooked outside! I had some chicken marinating so that would be our meat. It pulled together OK, and it was the perfect day to float and eat outside.
Later my parents and brother stopped by for a quick dip, and I invited them to share dessert with us - Grilled Peaches. They were pretty good, not as great as I had hoped, so they will need some tweaking. Mom thought they were good, and said they tasted like homemade peach pie - minus the crust!
Here are the recipes I used:
Italian Chicken (dump chicken and marinade in Ziploc when freezing - that way it marinates and thaws at the same time!)
Green Beans - fresh green beans canned in a pressure canner.
Salad - romaine lettuce, garden tomatoes (thanks Jen H. and Mom!), cheddar cheese, blueberries, almonds, and Asian sesame dressing.
Cheesy Julienne Potatoes - I "cheated" and used a boxed dish that was leftover from camping. Made in a cast iron skillet with lid over the outside burner.
Grilled Peaches - I used this recipe, although at first I mixed them with balsamic vinegar and honey. Then I added some brown sugar to the tops as they grilled on the final side. This recipe still needs a "little something" more, but I am not sure what yet. Worth trying though!
Enjoy!
AS

No comments:

Post a Comment